It is the goal of the Board of Education of the Gowanda Central School District to employ the best possible school staff, including both professional and support personnel. Through its employment policies, the Board of Education will attempt to attract, secure and retain the best qualified personnel available.
The Gowanda Central School District is an equal opportunity employer. The District is committed to providing equal access to all categories of employment regardless of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, marital status, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status or predisposing genetic characteristics.
It is required that all prospective employees receive fingerprint clearance from the New York State Education Department prior to being appointed. Applicants are required to pay the NYSED processing fee of $101.75. Please contact Tracy West, Administrative Secretary, with any questions at (716) 532-3325 extension 6305 or via email at email@example.com.
- Substitute Teachers – Submit completed application and educational transcripts to the Superintendent’s Office by mail or in person.
- Fingerprint Fee- $102
- Certified pay rate- $105/day
- Non-certified pay rate- $95/day
- All other Substitute Positions– Complete a Cattaraugus County Civil Service application for the following substitute position
- Nurse – $25/hr
- Bus Driver – $17.50/hr
- Minimum Wage:
- School Bus Monitor
- Food Service Helper
- School Lunch Monitor
- School Study Hall Monitor
- Teaching Assistant
- Keyboard Specialist
- Cattaraugus County Civil Service Application
Listed are current job openings in New York’s 10 regional economies. New Yorkers can view the region they live in, see which industries are growing and find out what jobs are available in that economic sector. Job opening numbers are updated frequently.