The Gowanda Central School Counseling Center services students academically, socially, and emotionally. The center provides guidance to students as they progress through our three schools. Our Middle and High School Counseling Centers are a hub for scheduling, course selection, access to academic/assessment information, and post graduate planning.
Grades 5-12 currently use Schoology as their learning management system. Here students and parents can access such things as daily learning targets, lesson resources, class information, daily grades, averages, and communications
- Go to www.schoology.com
- Click on “sign up” and “parent”.
- You will need your child’s 12 digit access code from the school.
- Enter your email information.
- Please contact Candace Phillips at x6119, x4009 or email her at email@example.com for access codes or any other help. This video walk through will be of some assistance. (video)
- Go to www.gcsd.schoology.com
- All students usernames are graduation year + first name + last initial with the student’s common password.
Parents who wish to request homework due to student illness after multiple days of absences are to contact us and make arrangements to pick up that work from the office prior to 3:00 pm.
- Elementary School – Please contact the child’s teacher.
- Middle School – For a minimum of 2 full days of absence contact the MS Main Office (x5003) no later than 10:00am.
- High School– For a minimum of 3 full days of absence contact the HS Counseling Office (x6014) no later than 8:30am
REPORT CHILD ABUSE OR NEGLECT BY TELEPHONE OR ONLINE
Toll Free telephone number for the Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-342-3270
Website for the NYS Office of Children and Family Services: http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/cps
SE PUEDE INFORMAR EL ABUSO O NEGLIGENCIA INFANTIL POR TELÉFONO O EN LÍNEA
Número telefónico gratuito del Child Abuse Hotline (La Línea Nacional Contra el Abuso de los Niños): 1-800-342-3270
El sitio web de la oficina de servicios infantiles y familiars del Estado de Nueva York: http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/cps/default_spanish.asp
To request a High School Transcript you may choose to fill out the digital form below OR email or fax the following information to Department Keyboard Specialist, Mrs. Janene Draegert.
- First, Middle & Last Name (maiden name if applicable)
- Date of Birth
- Year of Graduation or the date left GHS
- Your Phone Number
- Address where the transcript or being mailed or faxed
Department Leader, HS Counselor
(716) 532-3325 ext. 6013
(716) 532-3325 ext. 6017
Department Keyboard Specialist
(716) 532-3325 ext. 6014
(716) 532-3325 ext. 5007
HS/MS Social Worker
(716) 532-3325 ext. 6012
(716) 532-3325 ext. 5008
(716) 532-3325 ext. 5005
MS Social Worker
(716)532-3325 x 5101
ES School Psychologist
(716) 532-3325 ext. 4122
ES Social Worker
(716) 532-3325 ext. 4165